The aim of this blog is to collect information on the so-called “Obesity Paradox”. That is, the fact that people can be fat but fit. It is also aimed at confronting the media commentary that focuses on “normal” as the only way of being in the world, with fat-shaming being as common as racism.
- The ‘hopeless optimism’ that commercial weight loss companies sell
- I haven’t weighed myself in six years, and I’ve never been healthier
- ‘Fat-hating culture’: Overweight people told to take advice from anorexics
- The ABC’s Ask the Doctor sends mixed messages about obesity
- Running is the best feeling in the world – until you’re heckled for being fatChristina McDermott
Sanne on Type 2 diabetes increasingly a…