- The ‘hopeless optimism’ that commercial weight loss companies sell
- I haven’t weighed myself in six years, and I’ve never been healthier
- ‘Fat-hating culture’: Overweight people told to take advice from anorexics
- The ABC’s Ask the Doctor sends mixed messages about obesity
- Running is the best feeling in the world – until you’re heckled for being fatChristina McDermott
Sanne on Type 2 diabetes increasingly a…
Monthly Archives: May 2017
What Happens When One Fat Patient Sees A Doctor On seeking health care for the first time in years. I am calm when I make the call to request an appointment with a new doctor. The anxiety sets in with … Continue reading
Food as medicine: why do we need to eat so many vegetables and what does a serve actually look like?
Food as medicine: why do we need to eat so many vegetables and what does a serve actually look like? This is the first article in a three-part package “food as medicine”, exploring how food prevents and cures disease. Most Australian … Continue reading
Planning to Go on a Diet? One Word of Advice: Don’t. If you’re one of the 45 million Americans who plan to go on a diet this year, I’ve got one word of advice for you: Don’t. You’ll likely … Continue reading
Skip The Gym Today? You May Be Healthier For It If you need us, we’ll be basking in the glory of our recovery day.
Skip The Gym Today? You May Be Healthier For It If you need us, we’ll be basking in the glory of our recovery day. No bones about this one: If you’re a fitness fiend with a rigorous workout schedule, it’s … Continue reading